Monday, October 6, 2008

This is what happens when Daddy goes to work...

After Hudson woke up from his afternoon nap he was a stinky boy so I proceeded to change his diaper like I have several times a day every day for the last 2 months. Except that this time was very different....

Yes, just as I had taken his diaper off he unleashed and chaos ensued. Not only did I have a baby covered in this yucky mess, I had a dog who wanted to help clean it up. Of course this couldn't happen when Nate was at home to help me keep Sadie busy while I cleaned up Hudson. I decided it would be easier if she just came in the bathroom that way I wouldn't be worried that she was "cleaning" for me. So I'm trying to keep her from jumping in the tub while I'm hosing Hudson off (thank heavens for removable showerheads!). Needless to say it was a process. Hudson was not too happy about the whole thing either. After he was done with his "shower" I still had a mess on the changing pad to clean so I diapered and swaddled him and stuck him in his bouncy chair where he screamed and cried the entire time. Poor baby boy!
After the crying stopped he still doesn't look very pleased does he??? Awww the joys of motherhood!

5 comments:

Wayne & Amy MacIntosh said...

I just want you to know that today is one of the many to come. Wait till he gets old enough to take his diaper off and you go to wake him up from his nap and it is all over the crib! Malie did this 8 times one summer.

Chad and Brittany said...

Oh wowser! Not one thing about that looks fun! Although I can kind of relate... Brock did the same thing when he was a baby and I was babysitting. Except it was all over my parents water bed. And I tried to get my older brothers help but they just laughed at me!It was traumatizing! And why does it have to be so yellow and runny!

Cami and Shelby said...

So this is amazing and I better get ready!!
Oh the girl in the marathon photo is Kim's nephews wife. They got married about six months ago I think. She is a really nice girl.

Cody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cody said...

Ok so I left a comment that said "holy shit! no pun intended. I am totally dry heaving right now." then I thought it was a little much to say the S H word, so I deleted it. But then I went back to your blog and saw the pic again and yep it totally deserves a holy shit. So sorry, you can delete this if you want. P. S. when are you moving here all ready????????? gosh!