Saturday, December 13, 2008

Discovery

Hudson has now discovered that Sadie is a wonderful form of entertainment. He used to watch her with interest but that is about it. On Thursday Nate was holding Hudson and playing with Sadie on the floor and Hudson started laughing hysterically at her. I ran upstairs to get the video camera, but of course the battery was dead and a golden opportunity was missed, lesson learned!! I now have the battery fully charged and the camera ready to roll. We have tried to reenact the moment, it hasn't worked yet, but I'm ready when it does!!

Tonight I was watching old home videos to find the discs that still have room on them. I found some old footage of Sadie when she was just a few months old. She was so adorable and the light of our lives. Since Hudson joined the family Sadie has taken a back back seat. She gets left at home when she used to go everywhere with us; she gets pushed down away from the baby all the time when she used to be right next to us, center of the family; she gets yelled at and scolded for barking when we used to just tell her no in a much kinder way. Watching the old film reminded me of just how much I love her, and made me realize I need to make more of an effort to give her love everyday.

Another thing I realized as I watched Sadie as a puppy is that quickly my other baby is growing, and someday, though it is hard to imagine now, he is going to be naughty and do things to make us mad, or sad, or disappointed. I hope that I will remember to look back of the footage we've taken of him in his perfect innocence to remind myself in those times of the way I feel underneath the negative feelings I may be feeling at the time. I'm having a hard time getting these words to flow the way that I feel them, but I hope you get the idea!

No comments: