Monday, May 11, 2009

Swimming, Zion, and a Goose Egg

This weekend was busy and filled with lots of fun.

Saturday morning I was busy getting Mother's Day gifts ready, so Nate and Hudson got to have Father-Son time. Brittany and Chad came down in the early afternoon and after a delightful lunch at Cafe Rio we all went back to our place to enjoy the sun and pool. The water was a little cold and took some getting used to. I was worried about getting the baby in the cool water, but he had a great time kicking and splashing in his little boat.

After they left we hurried to get cleaned up to meet Grandpa and Grandma Houston for an early Mother's Day celebration dinner at Texas Roadhouse, which was unbelieveably busy at 4:30 in the afternoon so Nate, Hudson, Ashlee and I ended up at a different table than Grandpa, Grandma, Dave and Judy, but it was still delish!

My original plan for Saturday was to spend the entire day getting ready for What Women Want (coming up this weekend, the 15th and 16th), Lisa and I have a booth there this year. I will be selling my watches, and she will be selling her super cute, anti-cheesy baby stuff. We will also be selling the Houston Family cookbook. With all of the fun we were having I didn't get to my watches until about 6 pm. Nate was awesome and kept the baby busy, and fed, and when it was bathtime and bedtime he took care of that too. I was able to get lots done without chasing Hudson all over the house.

Sunday morning Nate surprised Judy and I with breakfast in bed. I should've taken a picture of it, because he did a great job. He made macadamia nut pancakes, and garnished the plates with grapes and a chocolate dipped strawberry. It was so sweet of him!!

It's so great to be back in Utah, and close to our families. We were able to celebrate Mother's Day with both of our moms. We went to church with Judy at 9. I'm so glad we did. It was a great meeting! Then we stopped at the house for just a minute then we were off to another Sacrament Meeting. Cami and Shelby blessed Rylee yesterday and it was so fun to be able to share their special day with them. Of course my mom and Grandma were in town for the blessing also, along with most of our extended family. After the blessing we all met at the Bloomington Hills park for a yummy lunch. We had lots of fun visiting with each other. I for some reason forgot my camera, so I'm sad that I don't have any pictures.

After lunch Nate asked me what I wanted to do the rest of the day and I decided we should head to Zion. I hadn't been hiking there since we moved to California, Hudson had only been there once when he was like 3 weeks old and we just drove through, and it has kind of always been a special place for Nate and I, that's where we used to go all the time while we were dating, and it's where he proposed. Basically it's my favorite place ever! Dave and Judy came with us and we had a great time. We did the Emerald Pools hike, which nearly kicked my butt. I need to get in shape! But it was gorgeous. I love going there in the late afternoon. The sun is just right to make shadows in the perfect places to make it seem like the giant cliffs are framed perfectly for picture taking!Hudson seemed to really enjoy looking at all the new sights. He just took it all in.

We found this really cool way old tree with a big hole in the trunk, it looked like it could be an owl perch or something. Perfect place to put a baby and take a picture right??

After our hike we went to the Pizza & Noodle Company in Springdale for dinner. We sat out on the porch and watched as the sun dropped lower and lower, which did amazing things to the colors in the cliffs, Judy and I both said we could just stay there forever!

On our way home Hudson zonked out in the car, which I knew spelled out a long night for us. As soon as we got home around 9:30 he was up being crazy. One of his favorite things to do is to stand up at the coffee table and just hit it with his hands. Well, he took both hands off at the same time, lost his balance and cracked his head on the corner of the table. It was so sad. He cried and cried, and almost immediately got a big goose egg and bruise. I tried taking a picture this morning, this is the best I could get. I'm thinking that he bruises easily, which he gets from me. Add that to the fact that he's his father's child and not afraid of anything, and it makes me a little concerned people will start to think we're abusive! Nope, not abusive, he's just ALL BOY!


Jason and Tawni said...

I am so happy that you had a great 1st Mother's Day! It looks like you guys totally enjoyed your weekend and I am happy to see these pictures. Hudson is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torie Brown said...

I'm impressed with Nate for making you and his mom breakfast in bed, sounds yummy! Hudson is getting so big. Happy late Mother's Day!

Chad&Brittany said...

That was a delightful weekend! I quite enjoyed soaking in the sun and Hudson was so cute in his little boat. I can't wait to do it again. Miss your face!!!

Janice Twitchell said...

How fun! Tell nate to teach cole some lessons! that's so sweet! Just so you know, we realized it was memorial weekend too and couldn't get the other ladies to come either that would be vendors, so we switched it till the end of june sometime, not quite decided yet. I'll let you know so you have plenty of time to get ready. that way it gives emily time to recover a bit after the baby. sorry to stress you!